Chick Fil A may be fast food (deep fried, salt engulfed, high calorie fast food), but it’s different from other fast food options. The service is usually great, the people are friendly, and the store itself is always pretty damn clean. Well, the good name of Chick Fil A has now been tarnished as it’s new New York location has been shut down for a cluck ton of health violations (cluck ton, damn I’m good).
“According to the NYC Health department, more than 28 violation points would get a restaurant a “C” grade – the worst grade a restaurant can get in the city. Records currently show the grade for this Chick-fil-A restaurant is “grade pending.”
Here are the six violations the health department reported on December 24:
1. Cold food item held above 41 degrees except during necessary preparation.
2. Food not cooled by an approved method whereby the internal product temperature is reduced from 140 degrees to 70 degrees or less within 2 hours, and from 70 degrees to 41 degrees or less within 4 additional hours.
3. Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
4. Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
5. Wiping cloths soiled or not stored in sanitizing solution.
6. Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.”
Damn. Biggest choke job from New York since the Mets blew the World Series. You have ONE, ONE Chick Fil A and you can’t even handle that? If there’s one New Years Resolution this city should make it’s to turn this fiasco around and give the people the Chick Fil A they deserve. They were so wrapped up with protecting the city on New Years that they completely missed that a brand new Chick Fil A was going to shit right before their eyes. Inexcusable. I’d load up Jason Pierre Paul’s clubbed hand up with kitchen cleaner and have him scrub until the damn thing falls off. But for real I’m still going to eat at Chick Fil A regardless, obviously. Vermin, Shmermin. Just pour some Chick Fil A sauce on the affected areas and everything will be good to go. Plus, even though it got a “C” grading, that ain’t too bad in my book. C’s get degrees and now apparently C’s get diseased but in this case you literally have to risk it to get the biscuit. Last thing, if this doesn’t improve soon we have to bring out the big guns in there and we all know that’s Jon Taffer and his squad. Save yourself the embarrassment and humiliation, Chick Fil A, you’re better than this.